Hello SOTGC community,
Are you a traveling businesswoman who doesn’t want to sacrifice style? Recently, I was promoted to a position that requires frequent national and global travel. The first decision I made was to ensure both efficiency on the road as well as maintaining a commitment to style and fashion. The last thing I wanted was to wear orthopedic shoes and half of my normal makeup while schlepping through the airport! So, I have put together a few tips and tricks that will help you in your travels.
- Compact Rolling Laptop Case. The first piece of nice luggage I bought for myself was the Tumi Evora compact carry on rolling laptop case. I knew that if I was resourceful I could pack for up to a week and carry on my luggage. This bag makes it possible. The rolling laptop case is large enough to carry some of my clothes as well as my laptop, and as a bonus it stacks on top of my carry-on Swiss Army bag. When I am running through Chicago O’Hare for my connection flight I can now make it along with my bags!
- Separate makeup and toiletry bags. This may sound simple but it’s a commitment! For years I have packed and unpacked my toiletries, makeup, curling iron and straightening iron. No more! I decided that it would make packing easier and less of a hassle if I could eliminate this step. And it certainly did! Now packing takes me 20 minutes rather than an hour and a half. Here’s another tip: Don’t skimp on your makeup. If you wear Laura Mercier at home, buy the same brand for your travel bag. You don’t want to feel less than optimal while traveling.
- Always pack your workout shoes! There’s nothing worse to me than feeling bloated and sluggish while traveling. Even if I am carrying on my luggage, I always commit space to my workout shoes and at least one set of workout clothes (you can always wash and dry your workout clothes in your hotel room if need be). I have even gotten an extra set of my favorite running shoes for my travel bag, so they are always ready to go!
- Don’t change your eating habits while on the go. Whether you are vegan, paleo, juicing queen, or Atkins – don’t start consuming completely different food while traveling. There are plenty of healthy options in airports now, and if you have a difficult time finding your specific foods make sure to bring along your favorite snacks before boarding. You will thank yourself later, as will your stomach!
- Invest in a good watch. Especially if you will be traveling globally, it is important to know what time it is where you are going and where you came from. You can set your timepiece for the time zone you plan to travel to ahead of time to allow your body to begin adjusting. I love this Tory Burch chronograph watch for its classic style and sturdiness.
What tips and tricks do you have for staying stylish while traveling? Continue the conversation with me on Twitter @ryangreenonline and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007156953049 .