Hello SOTGC community,
If you look closely, most overnight successes really took a long time. Most of us have the fear of failure, a fear that’s crippling to many of us. I spent the last few years studying some of the most influential people in business. I came to the realization that failure in business is okay. As an entrepreneur myself, I’ve come to embrace failure and appreciate failure as a critical element of growth. Are you struggling with fear of failure? Fear not, here are three reasons why it’s okay to fail.
- Lets examine some of the great failures. Sorry, I mean entrepreneurs.
- Steve Jobs, Apple Computers
- Walt Disney, Disney World
- Thomas Edison, electricity
- Bill Gates, Microsoft
- Henry Ford, Ford Motor Company
- Richard Branson, Virgin Airlines, Virgin Records, Virgin Vodka
- Successful people become robust. They stick to it; I call this stick-a-bility. “What doesn’t kill you will make you stronger.” When you fail, it builds up your character. You need to develop thick skin and have unwavering faith you will succeed. If you fail, get back up, dust yourself off, and keep moving forward.
- Successful people will develop. Successful entrepreneurs are always growing, learning, and looking for new ways to grow through their diverse experiences. When you make mistakes, you will learn best practices for next time. It’s time to drive your success.
“Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.”
If you like what you read here, then you’ll love what you hear on my weekly Marketing Masters: ready, set, GROW your market podcast. Listen on iTunes and subscribe to my channel to receive more tips on how you too can accelerate your business.