Hello SOTGC community!
There are some weekends where one seamlessly and effortlessly floats from brunch with the girls, to errands at the local market, to drinks on the town, and then a Sunday picnic with the family. There are other weekends where the act of wearing one’s pajamas seems to linger long into the afternoon, and a night-in curled up on the couch with a good film and a warm herbal tea sounds like the most perfect idea.
I dedicate this post to what I love to call the “Me, Myself, & I weekend”; the type of weekend that I pencil into my schedule every once in a while to rejuvenate, recharge, and re-energize! The type of weekend whose main purpose is to bring into focus some quality “me time”; a weekend dedicated to personal wellbeing.
Need some ideas to jump-start your own “Me, Myself, & I” weekend? Here are some personal favorites!
- Give yourself permission to stay in your pajamas a couple of hours longer!
- Savor your morning coffee or tea, sip by sip!
- Do some light cleaning, de-cluttering or streamlining of your favorite spaces; create an environment that inspires you and makes you happy!
- Turn on the radio and enjoy a song or two as you go about your day … you may even find yourself starting to dance in the kitchen!
- Temporarily turn off your phone … the absence of ringtones will allow you to better hear your own thoughts, metaphorically speaking of course!
- Cook a savory lunch or dinner for yourself from scratch and take your time enjoying each bite, being mindful of the flavors!
- Finally get around to finishing that amazing novel you’ve been reading or begin reading a new one that you’ve been meaning to start for what seems like forever!
- Catch up on your favorite sitcom or lose yourself in the plot of a current award-wining film; better yet, watch an old-time favorite like Sound of Music or any childhood Disney classic!
- Rekindle old memories by looking through photo albums and memory boxes … relish in the smiles that these pieces from the past bring to your lips!
- Bring out your creative side with a crafty project … try your hand at a collage or some free-style painting!
- Seek balance through the practice of yoga or try some relaxing breathing techniques … sometimes when things are hectic it can be difficult to find the time to breathe, so take the time to recharge.
- Catch up on current affairs that you are passionate about; hectic schedules sometimes make it hard to keep up with the times … take this time to get in touch with the world again!
BUT, most importantly, my dearest SOTGC community, do whatever makes you HAPPY!
Rejuvenate, re-energize, and recharge … cheers to a wonderful “Me, Myself & I” weekend!!!
My dearest SOTGC community, I hope this post has inspired you to pencil a “Me Time ” weekend into your schedule! If this post resonated with you, share it with your friends, family, and colleagues on Facebook and Twitter! We’d also love to hear from you about your own ideas towards achieving some quality “you time”; feel free to share your favorites in the comments section below! Enjoy!