Hello SOTGC community,
How are you? What is good and new with you? School is out in my household. Yay! We are giving homework a break, and it is now time to play and have fun. My kids and I have embarked on a journey to collaborate on our first creative project together. All materials are in place, and we are ready to create our dream boards!
This would be my second creation. My first dream board was created in 2012. It was a deeply enriching experience and something I have been longing to do again. It took three weeks of intense yet magical soul searching to complete. The creation process helped me realize many aspects of myself I never knew existed. For example, it was empowering to finally be able to accept myself for who I am and respect what it is that I want. I have provided a list of the benefits you can expect to experience on this journey below.
So are you ready to discover who you are? You will have so much fun with it; I promise! However, I must warn you about one thing that is absolutely true; be careful what you ask for because it really does come true in a powerful way.
Inspired? Curious? Need that extra push to get started? Book a Healthy Mind Consultation with me today!
Benefits of creating your dream board:
- Sharpens your focus on things that really matter to you.
- Clarifies wants, helps you see the why and experience how it feels once you have achieved the things that matter to you (knowing the what and understanding the why and how something feels are must-have ingredients needed to manifest a desired outcome).
- Inspires and reminds you of how beautiful life is.
- Connects you to your innate ability and power to create anything you put your mind to.
- Organizes your thoughts and aligns them with your words and actions.
Creating a dream board is an intuitive way to experience spirituality and really get to know yourself.
Things you will need to get started:
Free magazines from Whole Foods
Home and furnishing catalogs
Mat board from Michael’s (comes in different colors and in perfect thickness for a dream board)
Pictures of yourself and loved ones
Colorful construction papers
Instructions and Tips:
- Light a candle, turn on your favorite music, look through magazines and catalogs for words, colors, and images that speak to you. Cut them out into different shapes and sizes. This is your true self from the inside telling you who you are and what makes you happy.
- Divide your mat board into three sections, horizontally or vertically. If vertical, starting from left to right, use the left section for your 12-18 month goals, the middle section to define who you are with images and words that resonate with you and the right section to define your long-term goals (18 months to five to ten years out).
- Once you have a sizable amount of material to work with, start organizing them on the mat board. Pace yourself and focus on one section at a time.
- Mold the different images and words into shapes that fit well together.
- Glue the images.
- Once you are done with all three sections, create colors and shapes from construction paper to fill in words, images, and colors that you need.
- Personalize your board by adding pictures of yourself throughout the board.
- Next, add stickers to fill in gaps.
- Finally, be sure to put your name and date on the board so that you can remember when you created it. This will be very helpful when you start living the experiences you called forth on your board. By referring back to the date, you can calculate how much time it took to manifest a specific experience.
- Put the board in a visible place so you can see it and be reminded of your dreams often.
The entire process may take up to three weeks to complete. The most important thing is to remember to have fun and allow the process to unfold naturally. The key is to focus on building out one area at a time.
Allow this to ignite your wellness journey! Be present and enjoy every moment.
Inspired? Curious? Need that extra push to get started? Take action and book a Healthy Mind Consultation with me today!