Hello SOTGC community,
I love giving back and making a difference when my schedule allows, but it seems the busier I get…the less time I have to give.
I hear this same story in my various communities. So many women would love to make it a priority to give back in some way, but are just too busy building businesses and careers while navigating through busy personal lives…to add one more thing to the schedule.
So I thought myself…there has to be a way.
After a quick Google brainstorming session, I found five ways that you can make a difference without adding one more thing to your busy schedule.
- Donate food or hygiene items. The next time you’re at the grocery store, pick up a few extra cans of vegetables or some toothpaste to donate. Most grocery stores have a collection area for local charities. Some grocery stores even accept cash donations for local food banks during the checkout process. All you have to do is select the amount and tell the clerk.
- Purchase Newman’s Own products. You can find these products at most retailers. They include pizza, Greek yogurt, spaghetti sauce, and much more. Actor Paul Newman started Newman’s Own along with Newman’s Own Foundation. Since 1982, more than $400 million has been given to thousands of charities. You can learn more by visiting http://www.newmansown.com/charity/ or http://newmansownfoundation.org/.
- Make a donation to the Red Cross. Whenever a disaster hits…big or small…the Red Cross is one of the first ones on site distributing food, water, and blankets. You just never know how the Red Cross may impact your life one day if a natural disaster hits near your home. You can go to https://www.redcross.org/quickdonate/index.jsp to make a Quick Donation. You can also set up a recurring monthly donation.
- Pick up an extra bag of pet food. The next time you go to your favorite pet retailer to stock up on food, grab a few extra cans to donate. Most big box pet retailers accept donated food and other pet items. Petco will even let you add a cash donation for as little as a dollar when checking out. You can learn more about Petco’s foundation by visiting http://www.petco.com/petco_Page_PC_Petcofoundationhome.aspx.
- Donate your extra clothes. The next time you clean out your closet, make a donation to a local women’s charity or Dress For Success. You simply bag up the clothes and drop them off while you’re out running errands. You can learn more about Dress For Success by visiting http://www.dressforsuccess.org/.
This week, pick one idea from the list and make a donation. Helping others, no matter how big or small, not only makes a huge impact for them, but it also contributes to your overall well being. Enjoy your week!
If this post resonated with you, please Tweet, Pin, or share on LinkedIn or Facebook and help spread the message.
Quote Of The Day