Marney Reid is the Founder of Stilettos On The Glass Ceiling (SOTGC), a Forbes Top 100 Website For Your Career. Marney’s passion is to help women gain access to resources that will enhance their business or career. She believes that a woman’s best competitive advantage is her authentic value proposition.
Since the inception of SOTGC, Marney has seen her website grow almost overnight, as many professional and up-and-coming women turn to SOTGC as a community where like-minded women can come together to collaborate and support each other in business, life, and being a modern woman. Within the first two years of existence, SOTGC was recognized as a Forbes Top 100 Website for Your Career.
In addition to running SOTGC, Medtronic Advanced Energy created a position in 2014 specifically for Marney and she is the Global Program Manager for the Commercial Acceleration Team. Previously she spent six years as a top sales person for the company.
This role allows Marney to use her skills and experience to create training programs for both the sales team as well as interact with the Medical Education team on program ideas for surgical residents and fellows. It showcases her networking skills by ensuring smooth transitions from residency to fellowship and fellowship to new attending positions. This was a job Marney envisioned and advocated for during her time in sales. Her division felt it was substantial enough to allow her to pilot a new program to demonstrate a national benefit.
Marney’s Press + Accolades
- 2016 – Present ASPIRE Steering Committee member (elected position): Women’s Physician Leadership Development Lead
- 2015 – 2016 ASPIRE Steering Committee member (elected position): Content creator and editor for the weekly INCITE publication that goes out to the Medtronic Women’s Leadership memebers
- 2015 Opening Speaker for the Medtronic Women’s Network “Women’s Leadership Summit” for their Spine and Biologics division
- Topic: Redefining The Term: Having It All
- 2014 SD Metro Top 40 Under 40 Honoree
- Interviewed by Julie Barnes in the Huffington Post: How Collaboration is the New Competition
- Featured in the New York Times, Room For Debate, “An Opportunity for Growth” and “A Competitive Disadvantage”
- SOTGC is a Forbes Top 100 Website For Your Career
- SOTGC is a BadCredit.Org Top 10 Websites For Female Entrepreneurs
- SOTGC is a StarterPad 20 Best Sites For Female Entrepreneurs
- Featured on The Local Job Network radio show for both “How To Get Unstuck In Your Career” and “How to Build a Networking Group”
- Good Morning San Diego “Brains and Beauty”
- The Rick Amato Show “The Social Intrapreneur & The Women’s Movement”
- Created the SOTGC Society, which launched in San Diego on June 5, 2014, at the University Club Atop Symphony Towers. The SOTGC Society will grow to become a national female networking association where corporate and entrepreneur women of all ages and industries connect, expand their business and career acumen and resources, and form meaningful relationships.
- 2012 Medtronic Advanced Energy Sales Achievement Award
- 2012 with “Plan Maker Three Years-in-a-Row” Award
- 2011 with “Plan Maker Two Years-in-a-Row” Award
- 2010 President’s Club Winner (top 10 AMs out of 110 – factored on growth and new product sales)
- 2010 Rolex Club Winner (must double your growth quota to achieve this)
- One of ten members on the Medtronic Advanced Energy “Women’s Leadership Group” (2010-2012)