Hello SOTGC community,
It can be easy to decide to coast through the last few months of the year, especially here in the north east as the days are getting colder and longer. I’d like to inspire you to make the most of the rest of 2016 by finishing the year with your best two months of the year. Are you up for the challenge?
Gratitude Tip: Take these next two months and step up your game in business and in life by 10% more every day. That’s it! If you’re used to doing 10 calls a day, add an 11th. You meet with 5 clients a week? Add a couple more to your schedule. Working out 3 days a week? Add a 4th day. And don’t forget to add 10% more gratitude every day as well! That will help all of us to make the most of the rest of the year.
Here are 5 strategies on making the most of the rest of 2016:
- Outsource wherever you can. What are you doing that someone else can do better and for a reasonable price? There are always things that can be outsourced – and sometimes it’s simply outsourcing it to the neighborhood kid who will shovel your snow or mow your lawn. Where are you doing things that someone else could do for you? This creates more time for you to add 10% in other more important places.
- Use the internet. Seems like an obvious tip, however shopping online is still under used at Christmas time in my opinion. For the past three years, I have rarely gone out Christmas shopping, and order most things online. Granted, we have a short list to purchase for and many of our loved ones are far away so their gifts need to be shipped. I find that it’s a lot less stressful than trying to find a parking spot at the mall. And this saves you massive amounts of time.
- Work with your team. Whether you have a business, or are an employee or manage a team, chances are you have a team of people that you work with. Have a team meeting and encourage each other to set short term end of the year goals and support each other to achieve them. Solopreneur? Get together with a small group of networking friends and do the same. Hold each other accountable to your goals and encourage each other daily.
- Let it go. Did you just start singing the song from Frozen? I know I did! It’s great advice however. There are likely things that are weighing you down, both physically and emotionally, that would be worth letting go of now instead of waiting until your New Year’s Resolutions. Make room for gifts that will be coming into your home by giving away some of what you already have. Take a look through your closet and let go of any item of clothing you haven’t worn in the past year. Let go of anger, resentment or conflict by writing a letter of gratitude to the person with whom you’re in a negative space. Mail it or tear it up. Either works, just let go of needing a reply if you do send it.
- Spend more time in gratitude, meditation, prayer and/or silence. As we move through November and December, sometimes life seems to get out of control with the ‘busy-iness’ of the season. Take time every single day to focus on replenishing your energy through meditation or prayer, and you’ll find that by slowing down, you’re able to get more done. When we are more focused and calm, we achieve more than when we are running around in a mad rush. Join me right now for another free 21 Day Meditation Experience with Oprah & Deepak, Creating Peace from the Inside Out: The Power of Connection.
Are you ready to make the most of the rest of 2016? Which strategies work for you?