My dearest SOTGC community!
If you are anything like me, then lists play an important and very present role in your life. Whether it be on my smart phone, in my agenda, or on a simple Post-It note, I often find myself going through the mental exercise of organizing my thoughts and “to-dos” into lists and then crossing things out, one by one, with a great sense of satisfaction.
As I was working my way through one of my usual lists this week, I began to think about lists as a potential tool for building emotional wellness – a mental exercise to not only keep track of “to-dos,” but also keep track of other important aspects of life and wellness.
In light of this, my dearest SOTGC readers, here is a compilation of ideas for 10 lists we should try making today to foster emotional wellness … I hope you will join me in this mental exercise! May it allow us to gain insight into our emotions, dreams, and ambitions! Let us choose a different list topic each day and see what comes about from it ….
- 10 Hopes for the World…We all live in different places, are exposed to different cultures and mindsets, play different roles in society; based on your experience of this world, what do you hope for? How might these hopes translate into actions … how can you use your strengths and gifts to give back?
- 10 Things that Instantly Make Me Smile… We all have those special things in life that instantly make us smile and feel happy. It is these things in life that have the potential to alter our mood when faced with a hard day or challenging situation. Resilience often stems from being aware of what makes us feel better and being able to use these things in times of need to cope in a healthy manner.
- 10 Quotes That Inspire Me… Have you ever read a quote or saying and just sat there, in awe, at how much the words resonated with you? Keep track of the quotes that inspire and motivate you and return to them when you need that extra daily dose of encouragement!
- 10 Things that Scare Me… What scares you in life? Becoming aware of your fears allows you to be more mindful of the things in life that may prevent you from truly going after your dreams and ambitions. How might you be able to let go of these fears?
- 10 New Things I Want to Learn How To Do… Life is a dynamic process; you are never too old, too established, or too stable to try something new! Fight monotony and begin to expand your daily activities, hobbies and experiences!
- 10 Places I Want To Explore in my Lifetime… The world is a vast and beautiful place full of a wealth of rich experiences waiting to be discovered. If you had the choice and freedom to go anywhere in this world, where would you go?
- 10 Dreams I Wish Would Come True… When you wish on an eyelash, blow candles out on your birthday, or see 11:11 on the clock, what do you wish for deep down inside? Write these wishes and dreams down…everything is possible.
- 10 People in My Life Who I am Grateful for… Human interconnectedness plays a huge role in life satisfaction and emotional wellbeing! Take the time to think about who brings joy to your life and who is there to support you. Take time to be thankful for the individuals who lift you up, who are there to celebrate your successes and help you through your challenges!
- 10 Things I Love and Appreciate About Myself… Emotional wellness begins by looking inward; being kind to yourself and being comfortable in your own skin. Appreciate your uniqueness and embrace everything that truly makes you YOU!
- 10 Ways That I am Strong when I am Faced with Challenges… Life definitely has its share of ups and downs; the way you cope with the downs makes you resilient and strong. Celebrate your strength when challenged and be cognizant of how strong you truly are. You got this!
My dearest SOTGC community, I hope you will join me in the mental exercise of making these special lists as we build emotional wellness together! If this post resonated with you, share it with your friends, family and colleagues on Facebook and Twitter! Feel free to take part in this movement as we become more in tune with our inner emotions, dreams, fears, ambitions, and strengths!