Hello SOTGC community,
So how do you start your day and feel energized and ready for success? There is an easy way that gets you on the path for the day. Having a routine that is simple to follow is the key to accomplishing what you want and need to do every day. A program that is easy and enjoyable leaves no room for excuses to complete it and feel ready for success.
It is important that as busy working women we take care of ourselves. And what better way but first thing in the morning. Having a morning routine will leave you feeling energized and fresh for the day. Below is a sample schedule that you can follow or tweak based on your needs. It is not so much the sequence or the time that you allocate to each segment but a similar routine that, after time, will come like clockwork to you. You might even find it helpful at the beginning to put it on a calendar, as a friendly reminder.
- Wake up Early. When you wake up early you have more time to do the things that are important to you. Yes, setting the alarm for 5 or 5:30 a.m. each day may sound super early. But what it does is give you time for yourself before your work day starts, your kids need your attention, or anything that may come your way. Some of the most successful people wake up at 4:30 am. Ready to go? Wake Time: 5 am to 5:15 am.
- Exercise Early. The key is not always a very long and difficult exercise routine but one that you can do each day. Repetition is more important. Try to exercise for 20-30 minutes but make sure you do it each day. Even if you can only squeeze in 15 minutes. Mix the routine up. Try exercising in your home, include weights, aerobics, stretching or whatever you enjoy. This will guarantee you to not make up any excuses. Be creative and get moving. Exercise Time: 5:15 am to 5:35 am.
- Eat a Healthy Breakfast. Start your day off right. Feed your brain with good, healthy food. Consider including fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee. Even a smoothie. Stay away from sweet treats as they will make you sluggish first thing in the morning. Eating Time: 5:35 am to 5:50 am.
- Practice Mindfulness. Similar to your body needing exercise, your brain also needs exercise. Taking just 10 minutes each morning to be focused and calm will start your day with ease and flow. Practicing mindfulness will give you the space to think clearly and deal with your day. So how do you practice mindfulness? Sit relaxed in a chair, feet on the ground. Breath in and out through your nose. To help you concentrate and prevent your mind from wandering, count from one to ten on your out breath. Ten minutes may seem like a long time at first so start with 3 or 5 minutes and eventually you will graduate to ten and more. Examine how more in control you will feel. More confident, clear and focused to make decisions and deal with the day ahead. Mindful Practice Time: 5:55 am to 6:05 am.
- Read or Listen to the News. Smart, informed women are confident women. Take a look at what is happening in the news. Whether it is world news, business, entertainment or sports. Knowing what is current in the news are great conversation starters as your day unfolds, whether in work, with clients or talking with friends. Current News Time: 6:05 am to 6:20 am.
Now you are ready to jump in the shower and start your day! So how does that sound? A morning routine to get you started on the right foot and an hour and a half devoted to just you. The above timeline can certainly be adjusted to your needs. Remember the key is a routine that you can follow.
Now turn on your email. You will look at it with fresh eyes, ready to deal with the day ahead. Remember the key to a productive and happy day is a healthy mind and body. And the only way to accomplish that is by taking care of yourself first.
Are you looking to Find Your Sweet Spot of Success? Do you want to feel empowered, motivated and inspired to complete your goals? Contact me at Upstream Solutions or email; firstname.lastname@example.org