Hello SOTGC Community,
Now that we are in the second quarter of the year, how are your New Year’s Resolutions doing? Are you staying on top of them or have you put them aside and forgotten about them?
We all set goals and try our hardest to stick to them. But that is not always the easiest thing to do. Perhaps it is a new job, starting a business, or even something as simple as completing a project that has been hanging over your head.
You are excited about what a new change will do for you but you are just having trouble starting. Your motivation feels like it has been put on hold. You need that little push but how do you get it?
It is easy to lose your motivation and you are not alone. Many people experience that same feeling, especially when you have a lot going on and it is a project that takes more time and planning than you are used to.
DON’T GIVE UP! The goal you have in mind is worth it. Follow these simple steps to reclaim your mojo and get back to setting and achieving your goals.
- Have the goal that you want to accomplish in your mind. Visualize it. Instead of just thinking about it, write it down or create a vision board. This allows you to see it and also feel the excitement or emotion behind it. As some of the very successful self-improvement authors agree, writing down not only what you want, but also how you will feel when you complete your goal, gives you the clarity and focus you need.2. We often lose our motivation to start a project because it seems daunting. We look at it in its completion and not the steps needed to make it happen. Write a list of the steps needed to complete the project. Make them doable. Take one small step each time and, when you have completed the step, mark it off. You will realize that the list is not that overwhelming and your goal is that much closer.
3. Change your setting. If you always work at the same desk, change it up. Creativity is spurred when you allow yourself to experience new things. How about going to a local coffee shop and working? This will give you a fresh perspective and you may also meet someone new who can help you.
4. Review your strategy for completing the project. There are often different ways to accomplish the same goal. Perhaps it is the planning stage that is keeping you back. Relook at how you think you have to do it and think of a new way that perhaps you had not initially thought of. The best and smartest businesses are not steadfast in their path. They zigzag until they find the right rhythm.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. People love to offer advice and value the chance to help others. You never know the doors that may open. You might have something that can help the other person along their path that you had not considered.
6. Add fun to the project. Think of ways that you can enjoy what you are trying to do and have fun with it. It is your attitude that motivates you to continue with the project. Join a network or meetup group. New conversation spurs creativity and you can often find inspiration from others.
7. Reward yourself along the way. It can be as simple as taking a break and walking away from the project for a short period of time. Or it can be an even bigger reward for the progress you have made. Try your favorite store or restaurant to reward yourself for your hard work. Recognizing what you have accomplished and having pride in your progress will motivate you to continue.
8. Include exercise into your day and week. Exercise will not only get your body moving but also your brain. Physical activity boosts your brain chemicals, resulting in a lift to your mood, a boost to your confidence, and an increase of your energy to accomplish more throughout the day.
Are you feeling motivated? Try one or a few of the above and let me know if you have your mojo back. Please share this post with your readers and friends.