Hello SOTGC community,
People who are emotionally engaged tend to do better in relationships in and out of the workplace. These are habits that set them apart.
Business leaders are noticing that working with emotionally engaged people is an important factor in business success and harmony at work. It is also important in relationships that touch all areas of our life.
So what are the habits of emotionally engaged people?
- Emotionally engaged people focus on giving more than receiving. While not ignoring the return on investment, emotionally engaged people spend more energy giving to others, getting their hands dirty, and not spending too much time with their hand out expecting something in return. These people focus on what they are able to do within their control.
- Emotionally engaged people surround themselves with positive people. They don’t allow themselves to spend time with the complainers and avoid negativity that drains their energy. They always look for solutions … there is never a problem only situations that can be easily resolved.
- Emotionally engaged people set boundaries; they don’t get consumed with the Drama Queen (or King). They have a friendly, calm demeanor that may make them look like a pushover to some people, but be warned people who are emotionally engaged will assert themselves when necessary. To avoid conflict they will measure and manage the situation appropriately.
- Emotionally engaged people are forward thinkers. They will embrace past successes and failures and find a way to apply it to future possibilities. Failure is never a personal or permanent reflection of them.
- Emotionally engaged people will find ways to live life happy, stimulating, and entertaining. At home, work, or play, emotionally engaged people look for opportunities of satisfaction. They get pleasure from serving others and brightening someone’s day.
- Emotionally engaged people apply their energy sensibly. They exhibit higher levels of performance and personal wellbeing. They understand emotions lead to feelings … feelings lead to actions … actions lead to results.
- Emotionally engaged people are continual learners and independent thinkers. They are lifelong learners and constantly looking for ways to evolve and grow. They are open to new ideas and learning from others. They are critical thinkers and open to change. However, they will trust their own judgment when making critical decisions.
Do you have any ideas about how to be an emotionally engaged person? Leave a comment below to share with the SOTGC community.
Queen of Marketing