Hello SOTGC community,
When was the last time you pampered yourself with a professional facial treatment? What was your experience like? Did you allow yourself to fully enjoy the relaxation and nourishment from the treatment? What if you can create a similar experience right in your own home whenever you wish? Would you be willing to try? I was willing and started trying out a home spa routine by pampering my skin with fresh food-based facial masks for the past two years. Along the way, I have developed a formula that is super easy and fun to follow. It is a great way to relax my mind, connect to my intuition, and nourish my skin when it is not convenient to get a professional treatment.
My Home Spa Formula:
- Smell: Create the mood by lighting a couple of aromatic candles.
- Light: Turn off all lights. Allow the relaxing light of the candles to glow.
- Sound: Play music that puts your mind at ease.
- Facial mask: Apply the all-powerful banana/honey/besan rejuvenation mask (ingredients and instructions are listed below)
- Lie down on the floor, close your eyes, and allow yourself to fully soak in the nourishment from the banana, honey, and besan, and the soothing environment you have created for yourself.
The All-Powerful Banana, Honey, and Besan Mask is designed for blackhead management, pore reduction, cleansing, moisturizing, and wrinkle prevention. Below are the ingredients and instructions for creating the mask by using ingredients from your very own kitchen.
6 pieces of thinly sliced banana
1 teaspoon of chana besan (also known as garbanzo or chickpea flour)
1 teaspoon of manuka honey
Mash banana until it turns brown (sugar activated and can easily be absorbed by skin). Mix all ingredients together. Leave on for 20-25 minutes. Wash off with warm moist face cloth. Naturally tone your skin with rosewater.
For more information regarding the banana, honey, and besan mask, watch my video below:
What day of the week would be a good time for you to test the home spa formula? How does your skin feel after you take the mask off? Keep me posted on your findings.
Learn more ways to cultivate healthy lifestyle choices here. Start living your best life now. Have fun and enjoy every moment!