Hello SOTGC community,
I love this widely spread quote by Mr. Gates that supports one of the most important facts on Social Media.
Yes, I’m absolutely convinced of content management as a key for businesses’ online success.
In my opinion, the companies that use Social Media correctly are prone to stand out of the crowd.
And this is just what is needed, isn’t? A higher visibility among tons of companies in the industry.
So, why not take advantage of a correct Social Media Strategy? Why not make the most of content management?
Ways of managing content
There are so many ways of managing a piece of content on Social Media.
- You can create your own original content (content creation).
- You can share content produced by others (content curation).
- And you can collect information based on a common topic and involving related keywords (content aggregation).
Let’s concentrate today on the art of curating content, and let’s take a look at some pointers with tips that truly matter on Content Curation:
- A Content Curator helps you by saving time at looking for interesting feeds to share with your audience.
- A Content Curator shares quality and up-to-date content. By sharing this “kind” of content your company may become top of mind in the industry.
- By sharing quality content produced by others, we show our audience interest and we promote trust and credibility.
- Curating content becomes used as references, leaders of thought, and we broaden our brand value.
- A Content Curator knows all the secrets of managing content and knows perfectly how to focus the audience’s attention. You need to look to the audience’s needs first. It’s not you but they.
Content Management Takeaway
It’s supposed that content creation must make up 20% of total content management and Content Curation 80%.
Do you agree with this distribution? Which are the percentages you use in your content strategy?
My Favorite sources to get information from are:
- Twitter Lists
- Google Plus Communities
My Favorite tools for curating are:
- Paper.li (WIP)
Networks I love to curate on:
- Google Plus
- Linkedin groups
In my next posts I will write about the importance of visual content for your brand and more. Would you like to read about these topics? Let me know, please.
And I encourage you to tell me about your favorite tools on curation. Please, do not be timid and share your comments with me. Thanks in advance.