Before refrigeration, for thousands of years, people used to ferment foods. Fermented foods contain probiotics, healthy gut bacteria that helps with digestion, assimilation and absorption of nutrients and immune health. In this day and age, our gut is in poor health with an overwhelming amount of bad bacteria and not enough good bacteria. Poor gut health is the number one cause for weight gain, belly fat, hormonal imbalance, sugar cravings, lack of energy, inflammation, candida, and many other forms of imbalance.
So how do we correct this? We can start by increasing the amount of probiotic foods we eat daily while reducing our exposure to toxins that create bad gut bacteria buildup. Fermented vegetables, kefir, kombucha, and apple cider vinegar are natural food sources that contain quality live probiotics. Since I added coconut water kefir to my daily food intake one year ago today, the most notable differences I have experienced are a much stronger immune system and significantly fewer brown liver spots on my face. I am extremely happy with the results. When I don’t have the time to make my own coconut water kefir, I buy it from Whole Foods. This way, it is available to me at all times and I don’t have any excuse not to take this important live food daily.
Are you ready to learn more about coconut water kefir?
What is in coconut water kefir?
- Just water from fresh young green coconuts and a kefir starter that contains beneficial bacteria
- No additives, naturally preserved
- The Inner-Eco coconut water kefir contains 100 billion active probiotic cultures per serving at the time of production
Tips on how to maximize the benefits of consuming coconut water kefir
- Start by taking ½ teaspoon and adding a ¼ teaspoon more each time until you get to the 1 tablespoon recommended dosage
- Stay at 1 tablespoon, daily, once in the morning on empty stomach
- Once you have established your routine in the morning, take 1 tablespoon before sleeping a second time on days when you are low on energy
- It is common to feel tired with flu like symptoms and/or experience acne breakouts in the first 1-2 weeks as your body directs its energy toward detoxing your internal system by getting rid of the over-population of bad bacteria in order to restore balance with higher counts of good bacteria in your gut
Benefits of probiotics
- Eliminate sugar cravings
- Facilitate weight lose
- Achieve flatter stomach
- Boost immune system
- Restore gut health
- Detoxify liver (say good-bye to those brown spots on face)
- Make stronger nails, thicker hair and glowing skin (a reflection of a more balanced internal system with high nutrient absorption and assimilation)
When is your next trip to the grocery store? Most health food stores carry high quality food-based probiotics like raw cultured vegetables and coconut water kefirs. Which one would you like to try? I would love to hear from you and hear about how your body responds.
Learn more ways to cultivate healthy habits here. Start living your best life now. Have fun and enjoy every moment.