Hello SOTGC community,
Do you wish you were more organized and could accomplish more?
Whether you own a business or you work for a company, being organized is the key to your success. Our minds tend to take us in all directions at the same time. This is the reason we often find ourselves chasing after projects and not getting anything done. We need to focus and realize that when we are more relaxed and conscious of what we have to accomplish, we actually get more done. It sounds strange, but taking the extra time to think clearly about what you have to do will allow you more time to do the things you need and want to do.
Below are steps that you can take to become organized and have your days flow smoothly and help you accomplish what you need to do.
- Start – Just do it! We look at the goal line and not the steps in front of you. Take a small step towards what you want. Even if it seems minor, taking the action will get you started.
- List – Write a list of things you need to do. When you see the list on paper, it becomes clear. Start with a daily and a weekly plan. Fill in each day with only five things to do. The key is not to overwhelm your self. Go to my website and leave your name and email and I will forward you my easy “Organize to Start” plan.
- Plan – The night before, prepare a list of five things you want to accomplish the next day. Start your day with quick easy things. This will allow you to spend more time on the larger projects throughout the day. The sense of accomplishment will make you want to continue.
- Social Media – Don’t get sucked into the email/social media hole! Allow yourself one half hour to go through what you need to check on and then close out of the site. This will allow you to stay on top of email and connections but not consume your entire day.
- Routine – Start with a healthy morning routine to get you into a flow. Consider including exercise, a brief moment to pause, a healthy breakfast, and time to envision what you want your day to look like.
- Breaks – Get up from your desk and take a few minutes to stand or walk in between projects. The break will give you the time to think about the new project with insight and clarity.
- Positive – Start each day on a positive note. Think back to a time when you felt excited about a project. Envision how you can take that same feeling and apply it to your present-day situation.
- Reward – When you look at the end of the day, you will see how much you accomplished by just starting. Congratulate yourself and cross off each item that you completed and prepare a list for the next day.
Once you start, even the small steps will help you to get into a flow. You will begin to get things done and your long list of things to do will become shorter. You will be on a roll!
If you liked this article, please post and connect with me on social media and share with your followers.
Are you feeling unorganized and stuck with a long list of things to do? Would you like a simple, easy way to organize your day? Contact Upstream Solutions, leave your name and email and I will send you my Free “Organize to Start,” chart.