Hello SOTGC community,
How do you know when you are ready for that … next promotion, next step in your relationship, move to new city, becoming a parent, starting a business or developing a product?
At the beginning of a new year, we often ponder what to do differently than we did the previous year. Many of us dream of doing something new, and while many people think themselves out of action, some of us are ready to roll. There is a progression of decision making from psychological, spiritual, and cognitive perspectives all in the context of relationships. The steps we go through to either get ready or go for it are reasoning and emotional processes.
The hardest part for many is taking the first step. But, for others, the hard part is sticking with it. Our personalities and the current cultural system we experience influence us considerably.
In my career experience, there was only so much that could get me ready for the nonprofits I run today. Most of it was just going forward even while I was intimidated out of my mind. Having great support around me made a difference and even having those around me who didn’t agree fully was inspiring.
“That’s because starting something new is risky and uncomfortable. But the people who win in business do it anyway. Yes, you will fail sometimes. I have. Yes, people will criticize you sometimes. They criticize me daily. But you can’t do anything great without failure and criticism. In fact, these are good signs you’re actually doing something right.” Says Christy Wright, inspirational speaker.
There is wisdom to apply when considering options, of course. When that wisdom turns into a need for absolutely everything to line up, we need to readjust and activate some deep resources. Wisdom, Intuition, and Support can help you go from not taking the risk to doing it even though you are scared.
- When you wisely view the option through your lens of values, resources, and what’s needed, you can eliminate some guesswork.
- Additionally, when you take time to actually be still and silent so you can check in on your internal spirit, you can see if it’s a fit for you now.
- Lastly, we do need to listen to those who know us well and do have wisdom to add so we consider an objective lens.
There are people in your world today that need you to be you, and some need the product, service, inspiration, or help you can offer. So put yourself in the position to listen to your wisdom, intuition, and support system.
Several contributors on SOTGC are here to support you and coach you or maybe even give you a needed kickstart. Check out more of those blogs and reach out to a woman whose writing resonates with you.
Let’s say this resonated with you, what about taking one of these next steps:
- What do you have on deck right now that you are wondering if you are ready for?
- Do you trust yourself enough to listen to your intuition? If not, what’s one step you can take to help rebuild this for you?
- Who is in your life now that you can share this idea with today?
Want to have a conversation? Connect with me and let’s start chatting.