Hello SOTGC community,
It’s that time of year again …. The holiday season is upon us! Christmas carols, holiday parties, and, of course, holiday shopping! The malls will be packed with shoppers trying to find the perfect gifts for their loved ones. I have a few hard-to-buy-for shoppers on my list, but over the years I’ve managed to come up with some great gift ideas for even the pickiest recipient.
1. Photos. My family members love receiving photos as gifts. Instead of the traditional picture in a frame, I found a website that will transfer your images onto cool, unique surfaces such as slate, or metal. There are also great electronic picture frames that allow preloaded images to constantly rotate.
2. Magazine Subscriptions. My step-father travels for business weekly. He really enjoys taking his Hot Rod magazines with him to read on the airplane.
3. Handmade Anything. I overnighted my grandfather a variety of holiday treats, and it was one of his favorite gifts! I also made him a scrapbook of family memories for his 80th birthday that he keeps out on his coffee table.
4. Classes or Lessons. My husband has an interest in photography so I bought him a package of photography lessons. This gift was a big hit! Depending on your loved one’s interests, you could purchase guitar lessons, art lessons, dance lessons, golf lessons etc. ….
5. Activities. Consider getting your loved one a gift certificate for a particular activity that they have an interest in. Activities are endless and could include things like ridding in a biplane, wine tasting, a spa day, or even Botox!
6. Charity. My grandfather started a tradition when the grandchildren were young of donating to a charity on behalf of each grandchild. Every Christmas morning we would have an envelope in our stocking with a card stating that a gift was made in our name. Today, we continue this tradition by picking a charity that is dear to our heart and making a donation in a loved one’s name.
Hopefully, these ideas will come in handy as you prepare for this gift giving season!
Can’t get enough of SOTGC? Join the SOTGC Society by clicking on the link on the homepage of www.sotgc.com.