Hi SOTGC community,
How is that it’s already October? Here in San Diego the weather hasn’t quite turned into the crisp, cool air that I am yearn for, but there is still plenty to enjoy with the change of seasons and upcoming holiday season!
Productivity goes hand in hand with happiness and feelings of calm. Frantic feelings leave me unable to concentrate or have much motivation at all. This week I’m sharing with you 5 things that make me happy. These are interchangeable from week to week, but here’s what’s making me smile right now:
5. Underdog wins. Being from Kansas City, it’s fun to see the Royals in the baseball post-season and the fan base that supports them. For years, the team has struggled and is usually not an expected favorite for baseball in October, which makes watching them play even more entertaining. You can almost feel their energy. Plus, they look like they’re having the most fun. Go Royals!
4. Butter. Pecan. Latte. Three little words make up one delicious drink from The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. The autumn season brings to mind the craze over Pumpkin Spice Lattes, but my new favorite has butter pecan and it’s a nice treat to start the day. Try one and let me know if I’ve swayed you.
3. Books. I love to read and it’s a calming way to wind down after a busy work day. Currently on my shelf: The 4-Hour Work Week and The Art of Non-Conformity. I’m also looking forward to the new Jodi Picoult novel as well. What books are you dying to read?
2. Calls to my mom. Do you have 20 minutes to spare? Call your mom. Or, call whatever family member that makes you smile. Chats with my mom always bring a smile to both of our faces and keeps us connected in ways that texts and emails just can’t. It’s so simple, but sometimes picking up the phone can work wonders for your soul.
1. Fall TV lineup. There are lots of people who don’t watch television. I am not one of them. I love TV and have several shows that I watch week after week. Oddly, some of the shows that make me happy (The Blacklist, Scandal, Stalker) do not have pleasant themes!
My list of happy doesn’t cost a lot, but keeps me sane. When life gets crazy, jot down a few things that you’d like to do to get the most out of your days. Tweet me @mscourtneybeth your favorite happy things! I’d love to know what’s making you smile!