Hello SOTGC community,
How are you? What is good and new with you? I can’t believe we are already halfway through the summer break. It feels like just yesterday that my kids were off from school. Time just flew by. How do I keep up with my kids’ busy summer schedules and work a full-time job? A steady supply of energy and laser-sharp focus are required.
To help me get that natural energy and focus, I practice a morning routine to keep calm and get my energy moving in the right direction. Each step is done to optimize energy flow by moving lymph and increasing digestion and nutrient absorption.
Here is my morning routine:
- Drink a glass of water as soon as I get up from my bed (it helps to leave a glass by the bed before sleeping). This helps to hydrate and open up all the energy channels in the body. This is a natural way to energize the body just like a flower or plant that opens up to the morning dew.
- Have one tablespoon of coconut kefir. This is a great way to populate beneficial gut bacteria into your system to help with digestion and boost immunity.
- Prepare breakfast; if anything requires heating, this is the time to leave it on the stove to slowly cook.
- Spend 15 minutes doing detox yoga stretches and/or breathing meditation. This helps to move lymph and keep the mind and body calm so that the mind and body can focus better and connect more deeply with the self and others.
- Brush teeth and clean tongue with a tongue cleaner (digestion starts in the mouth; by cleaning the tongue, you are activating your digestive system.)
- Wipe face and neck with a warm damp wash cloth. Tone and moisturize for a healthy complexion.
- Eat your breakfast, slowly. Practice mindful eating if time allows. Use all your senses to enjoy every bite.
This may require you to get up 20 minutes earlier than usual to prepare a healthy breakfast with whole fresh foods and practice all the steps in this routine. Take it one step at a time. You will feel a difference in your energy level as soon as you start to practice this routine.
Interested in learning more or need motivation to get started? Sign up for a free health consultation with me today: http://www.synchronicitybhw.com/free-consultation.
I am committed to teaching you a set of skills you will use for the rest of your life. Here is to your health and happiness.