Hello SOTGC community,
Did you enjoy the supermoon this past Sunday, August 10? How did it make you feel? The powerful supermoon energy made me feel a deep sense of aliveness and connectedness to myself and the world. This experience proved once again that the things that truly matter; things that open our hearts and inspire us to live in the moment are FREE. If you missed the supermoon tonight, no worries, you can catch the next one on September 9.
On days when I can’t take my walk during the day, I make sure to check in with the moon and stars by taking an evening walk. It is a sacred time that allows me to destress and focus on myself. If you stare directly at the moon long enough, you will see the magic glow of the moonlight shining through the clouds. There is an air of romance and serenity that I can’t help but feel. It is a great way to cultivate a strong sense of self.
I believe our true nature is to be curious and live in appreciation of the miracle that is life. So how can we find time to stay true to our nature despite our hectic schedules filled with the demands of work and family? Well, we can start by going back-to– basics; the core of what our bodies need to be strong and vibrant. Below are 6 basic needs.
- Fresh Air: Just like a plant that needs oxygen to be vibrant so do human beings. Take a walk outdoors daily and allow the fresh air to fill your every cell. If you can’t find the time to do this during the daytime, nighttime works just as well.
- Water: On average, 60% of our body is made up of water. Be sure to hydrate your body consistently.
- Sunlight: Let’s nourish our body, mind and spirit with the energy of sunlight. Spend time outdoors and maximize absorption by exposing as many areas of the body as possible without getting burned.
- Sleep: Follow the natural rhythms of nature and rest when the sun sleeps and wake up when the sun rises.
- Nutrition: Eat whole foods grown in nature. Eat local and seasonal foods to align with what your body needs based on your geographic area.
- Movement: Like all things that move in nature, let’s move our bodies to increase blood, lymph and energy flow.
When our basic needs are met, our body chemistry naturally dictates balance. When we have balance, our body, mind and spirit cooperate to allow our true nature to flourish, just like the vibrant plant in our picture.
For more practical, simple and fun ways to live a happy and healthy life, book a cultivation of healthy habits strategy session with me today! Start living your best life now.
If this post resonated with you, please Tweet, Pin, or share on LinkedIn or Facebook and help spread the message