Hello SOTGC community,
As a writer, words have always held special meaning to me and with the recent passing of Maya Angelou, I remember how her words have impacted me over the years.
I’m a woman
Women I admire have overcome adversity, achieved insurmountable goals, and have been trailblazers in their own right. They do not make excuses for setbacks, and they do not hang their head over mistakes.
Their words of encouragement have come in the form of books, poems, emails, speeches, and sometimes just regular ol’ conversations. They have ignited inspiration and passion within me so that I can strive for better in my career and life. Words are powerful. You can use them to build people up or you can use them to break people down.
Who has inspired you?
This kind of encouraging, forward-thinking energy, and sense of support are two of the many things that initially drew me to Stilettos on the Glass Ceiling. The SOTGC Society is created by and for strong-minded women passionate about their careers and goals and willing to share their own words of wisdom.
Whether you are a corporate business woman with years of experience or an entrepreneur embarking on a new adventure, your voice is valuable.
It’s important to find good role models, but also set a good example, too. Remember that simple things and a few kind words can go a long way:
- send a follow-up thank you note following an interview
- invite a new business contact to meet for a coffee or lunch rather than just communicating by email or phone
- start and end your day with listing things you are grateful for, it will help you gain perspective
- take time to savor your successes
- allow yourself to learn from your mistakes instead of berating yourself for them
- be gracious when complimented, humbled when critiqued
Ready to learn, grow and feel, more inspired in your career? How will your words be of impact? Become a SOTGC Society Member and experience this “new era of networking.”