Hello SOTGC community,
I hope you have had a great first few weeks of spring. I would love to encourage you to stay (or get back on) the right track with your health.
Recently, it occurred to me while friends and family were talking about what they were giving up for Lent that people had already given up on their healthy New Year’s resolutions.
It is so easy with our overextended lives to forget about our own health. In the spring everyone is excited to be outside, find an outdoor activity, go for longer walks, spring clean your home, clean your garage (not for my neighbors in NYC, but for many Americans families). For me, this is my time to clean my closets and start running outside again.
I would like for you to start a ‘2014 Spring Me’ campaign. Find one thing this month in each category of health and wellness to help you be your best you. I want you to feel the freshness of spring in your own body that the season brings to our lives.
Spring Me Ideas:
- Try to give up processed food.
- Eat when you are hungry not because it’s “lunchtime.”
- Replace 3 meals a week with a healthy salad.
- Drink water … try to wean soda out of your routine.
- When you are at work, take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Try a new activity such as golf, tennis, softball, cycling, or surfing.
- Find a partner in crime; encourage one another and make it fun.
Personal Wellness & Mindfulness
- Find a friend or neighbor in need of an open heart and a trusting ear. Sometimes it helps just to talk.
- Make your annual doctor’s appointments (it is so important to know your numbers).
- Give yourself 15 minutes a day to just breathe and be alone with your thoughts. Appreciate yourself, your surroundings and your everyday gifts of life.
Please comment below, I would LOVE to hear from all of you about what you are doing for your Spring Me initiative. Encourage your friends and family to do it with you, and let me know how it goes. New ideas, best practices, thoughts for longer term goals, I want to hear it all.