Hello SOTGC Community,
My spring lovelies, as promised, we’re finishing up our in-depth gorgeous eyelash tutorial. Missed Part 1? Well follow this little link to catch up, then come on back and get the rest of the scoop!
Who are you today?
- I love taking my natural lashes to the extreme, and I don’t mind spending a few extra minutes to get it done.
Having fantastic lashes is all about layering your mascara!! The trick is not only to apply multiple layers of mascara, BUT to layer formulas as well! Follow steps 1 to 3 in Part 1 for luxurious natural lashes daily, then start your layering process.
- Begin with a defining formula as your first layer. This will start to create the base shape of your lashes. Use a comb to separate your lashes while your mascara is still wet!! Let it dry before adding your next layer.
2. Follow with a building layer to start volume. Comb again while wet, and be sure to let it dry!!
3. Finish with a waterproof formula so everything stays all day.
- I have a special event and want a temporary major lash boost and dramatic eyes:
Drop into your favorite beauty supply store and pick up a couple of your favorite style false lashes. I highly recommend practicing with different styles of lashes to find your favorite and that just-right look as well as to perfect the application process. There’s only one thing worse than crooked or flipped up false lashes and that’s shoes a woman cannot walk in gracefully! YIKES!!
My personal favorites:
- Ardelle #110 Black (natural)
- Ardelle Demi-Wispies Black
- Ardelle Wispies Black
- Andrea #21 Black (very natural)
- Runway Collection – Daisy (in between lashes named in honor of celebrity Daisy Fuentes.)
These can all be found individually in your local beauty store, online, or at Robert Jones Beauty Academy. You can also go for the gusto and get the whole starter kit so you’re ready at a moment’s notice and can practice until perfect and quick.
Allure magazine’s best tips for applying falsies: “Put a dot of glue on the back of your hand. Use slanted tweezers to pick up the false lash by its base, and drag it through the glue. Tilt your head back so you can see your lash line in the mirror, and apply the false lash carefully along that line. Give the glue a few minutes to dry before putting on mascara.” Or just curl your natural lashes into the falsies and skip the mascara all together. Thank you Allure, I couldn’t have said it better myself!
At the end of the night, using your oil-free eye makeup remover, loosen the lash glue and gently pull each strip away from your lash line and off of your eyelid. Follow with a great daily facial cleanser, moisturizer, and eye cream. (Why use eye creams?)
- I need my natural lashes and brows to grow better, safely.
Consistently use a nighttime lash and brow building serum. I’m sure you’ve heard of Latisse, a serum originally developed to treat glaucoma that was accidentally found to stimulate eyelash growth. Well, over the counter, non-prescription formulas don’t risk side effects, are much kinder on your budget, and are just as effective at building healthier brows, fuller and longer lashes, and reducing lash loss during makeup removal.
Remember, lashes define your eyes more than anything else you could ever do!!
Now, go forth and create your “eye” statement.
If you enjoy how-to’s and where to buy guides, let me know what else you most want to learn. Share the good news with your best girlfriends and social network via Google+, Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook.
Lashed Out and Lovin’ It,